Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Pregnancy is a very exciting time, but many women feel some fear and anxiety about birth as it approaches. Hypnobirthing is a highly effective way of preparing for the birth of your baby, so that when you go into labour you feel confident, relaxed and calm.
Our midwife-led Hypnobirthing Essentials classes are a perfect add-on for those who have or will be doing antenatal classes elsewhere (e.g. NCT or Bump and Baby Club), or for second (third, or fourth!) time mums who perhaps didn’t have such a positive experience of birth previously.
What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing teaches you simple self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques to help you have a calmer, less painful birth. Tami has trained with Katherine Graves and offers midwife-led group classes via The Nurtured Nest in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey. These classes are 4 hours long and are designed to complement antenatal classes (NCT, Bump and Baby Club, etc) or for clients who have had a baby before. You can do the Hypnobirthing class before starting your antenatal course. Typically, most Hypnobirthing classes are 10-12 hours long but much of the content would be repeated in an antenatal class so this is a perfect add-on for those wanting to learn Hypnobirthing techniques in addition to their classes.
What are the benefits of Hypnobirthing?
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable birth
- Your baby will arrive to a relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended
- Length of labour is often much shorter with Hypnobirthing births
- Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive
- Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced
- Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have an active role in the birth
What will I learn on the course?
- Breathing exercises
- Deep relaxation techniques
- Light-touch massage technique for use during labour
- Positive reinforcement
- Aromatherapy and use of essential oils during labour
- How ‘the system’ that you find yourself in works, and how to work with it to achieve the best result for you
- A simple daily practice regime for use after the course
What does the course fee include?
The course fee includes 4 hours of teaching at The Nurtured Nest in Hersham, the Hypnobirthing Book by Katherine Graves, Hypnobirthing audio tracks and Tami’s contact details should you have any questions on labour, birth or postnatal care following the course. During the course refreshments will be provided.
When should we book a course?
You should book a course anytime from around 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is never too late (well – until you have the baby!) however it is a good idea to try and attend a course early enough so that you and your partner have time to practice and master the techniques you will learn.
Where do the courses take place?
We currently offer 4-hour group classes with a maximum of 8 couples at The Nurtured Nest in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey. Classes can be booked here. Course dates for 2020 are as follows:
Saturday 4th April 09:00-13:00
Saturday 23rd May 09:00-13:00
Saturday 11th June 09:00-13:00
Saturday 29th August 09:00-13:00
Saturday 10th October 09:00-13:00
Saturday 28th November 09:00-13:00
Classes are held at The Nurtured Nest, Image House, Molesey Road, Hersham KT12 3PD (right next to Hersham Train Station).
How much does the course cost?
The 4-hour Hypnobirthing Essentials course costs £125.
How do we book onto a course?
Classes can be booked here via The Nurtured Nest, or use the enquiry form above to contact Tami directly.