What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing teaches you simple self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques to help you have a calmer, less painful birth. Tami has trained with Katherine Graves to offer private and group midwife-led KG Hypnobirthing classes.
What are the benefits of KG Hypnobirthing?
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth
- Your baby will arrive to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended
- Length of labour is often much shorter with Hypnobirthing births
- Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive
- Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced
- Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have a central and active role in the birth. A truly shared and loving experience
What will I learn on the course?
- Breathing exercises
- Deep relaxations
- Very effective work to release fear and build confidence
- Comforting massage
- How the father can be your powerful protector and support
- How your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort
- Knowledge and information about the whole process
- How ‘the system’ that you find yourself in works, and how to work with it to achieve the best result for you
- A simple practice regime to support you at home
- Understanding how the mind and body work together
What does the course fee include?
The course fee includes 12 hours of teaching across two weekends (10 hours for private classes), The Hypnobirthing Book by Katherine Graves, hypnobirthing audio tracks, and course manual including scripts. You will have Tami’s contact details should you have any questions on labour, birth or postnatal care following the course. During the course there will be refreshments including home made cakes!
When should we book a course?
You should book a course anytime from around 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is never too late (well – until you have the baby!) however it is a good idea to try and attend a course early enough so that you and your partner have time to practice and master the techniques you will learn.
Where do the courses take place?
Private classes take place in your home and could take place on a weekday, evenings or a weekend.
We currently offer small (4 couples maximum) group classes at The Baby Service beautiful showroom in Chobham. The next course dates are:
Sunday 14th October and Sunday 21st October, 10:00-16:30 both days
The address is:
1st Floor, 21 Burrow Hill Green
Chobham, Surrey GU24 8QP
How much does the course cost?
Group classes £260 per couple
Private classes £560 per couple